ISO 20000 is the ISO standard employed by IT organizations across the world to enhance and strengthen IT management and control. Demands of Information Technology Governance are such that your business’ IT must demonstrate compliance to auditable standards. The ISO 20000 certification will ensure that your Information Technology management achieves this objective.
ISO 20000 Information Technology Management is an ideal precedent to adopt alongside the ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard which provides an established framework for any business to assure customers and supplies alike of ultimate satisfaction.
IT organizations that fail to bring their Information Technology operations under control and fail to comply with the ISO Standard will pose an unacceptable risk to business operations.
The ISO standard comprises of two parts: ISO/IEC 20000-1 is the 'Specification for Service Management’, it is this which is certifiable. ISO/IEC 20000-2 is the ' Code of practice for Service Management' this describes best practices and the requirements of Part 1.
What are the benefits to me and my organization?
- IT service providers can reliably provide the agreed level of service leading to increased customer satisfaction and effective cost control
- Continuous improvement is built in to the standard
- The certification process can reduce the need for supplier audits, reducing costs for the customer and disruption for the supplier
- Creates competitive advantage via the promotion of consistent and cost-effective services
- Reduction of risk and thus cost in terms of external service receipt
- Demonstrates a fundamental shift to pro-active rather than re-active internal processes
How can it help me to gain business?
- Providers can use certification as a differentiator and win new business and increased market share
- Enhanced reputation and perception
- You can more easily and quickly meet contractual and tender requirements with less work, a faster response and more certainty of securing contracts
What are the internal benefits for my business?
- IT service staff are clear about their responsibilities leading to an increase in morale, effectiveness and work output
- Provides a benchmark type comparison with best practices
- By requiring ownership and responsibility at all levels, it creates a progressive ethos and culture
- Through the creation of a standard consistent approach, aids major organizational changes
- Improved relationship between different departments via better definition and more clarity in terms of responsibility and goals