BS 25999 comprises two parts: Part 1, the Code of Practice, provides business continuity management best practice recommendations. Please note that this is a guidance document only. Part 2, the Specification, provides the requirements for a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on BCM best practice.
What are the benefits to me and my organization?
- Part 2 of the standard can be used to demonstrate compliance via an auditing and certification process
- Provides a common consistent framework, based on international best practice, to manage business continuity.
- Proactively improves your resilience when faced with the disruption of your ability to achieve key objectives
- The certification process involves regular audits which ensure that your management system is up to date.
- Delivers a proven capability for managing a disruption
- Demonstrates that applicable laws and regulations are being observed
How can it help me to gain business?
- Helps protect and enhance your company reputation and brand
- Delivers the competitive advantage opening new markets and helps you win new business
- Provides a marketing edge and using certification can help reduce the cost of expensive tenders
What are the internal benefits for my business?
- Certification requires a clear understanding of your entire organization which can identify opportunities for improvement
- Creates opportunities to reduce the cost of BCM audits and may reduce insurance premiums
- Provides a rehearsed method of restoring your ability to supply critical products and services to, an agreed level and timeframe following a disruption